YOU DON'T NEED WEALTH, POWER, OR INFLUENCE TO LIVE YOUR DREAMS, JUST TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

Friday, April 17, 2015

4/16/15 The Last sunny weekend has begun!



big pinwheel
It felt right to get out to the road and find a ride. As I walked out, I thought about all the great rides I have caught this season. Who would pick me up today?

A shitty old Toyota pulled over, I immediately recognized the driver. Vaughn Gifford had given me a ride earlier in the season. We had previously had a great conversation about music. This time I decided to dive a little deeper. Vaughn reminds me of myself at his age, but slightly more aware than I was at 19!!!



 Vaughn writes a song a day!


We went for a hike out to "table" and discussed energies along the way. Turns out Vaughn's parents are Mormons and have disowned him. His music is how he processes life events. I think snowboarding does the same for me!!

Met up with Heather Haines, and Issac Welch for some hot laps. Today was my first day not riding a splitboard since March 8th!!! My regular board is about 5 lbs lighter and way more responsive!!! I was stoked to rip some turns on the slow, sticky, sun affected snow!! Heather gave me a ride home and we went to the Coalpad for a skate party!! Gonna be a long weekend!!! Day 106 lap 97 3 to go!