YOU DON'T NEED WEALTH, POWER, OR INFLUENCE TO LIVE YOUR DREAMS, JUST TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

4/15/15 The taxman can wait!!!!

Mother Shuksan at her finest!!

No, I did not pay my taxes!!! They owe me $, but since it costs $ to file, they are gonna have to wait a while. Hopefully, they will let me slide. Instead of worrying, I decided to go hike the Arm!!

Grady McCombs and I were at the hill by 9:30. As we skinned up, we were able to admire our tracks from yesterday.  PJ and C-Lo's tracks looked even sicker out on the Skuksan Arm. Grady and I both agree that Shuksan side has better backcountry.


video


We did the "football fields" first. We waited nearly half an hour for good visibility, and it was well worth it. Nobody else was out on the Arm all day!!! We skinned back up to the top and tried our luck on the  first of the "lobes".  Another soul fulfilling run with great light.

video



The skin back up was difficult, we had to get around this giant cliff nob and the snow was warming up. All day I kept spelling my family members names as I made my way up hill. I miss my family, and felt this was a good way to love them from far away!!! You have to do something to keep your mind busy. Otherwise, It is easy to get tired and lose motivation.

Hemi was calling our names!!! I spotted a line out on "Old Man" and was stoked to be able to ride to the car!! What a day!!So lucky to be this blessed in late April!!! Lift turn tomorrow!! I am excited to hitch, and then ride the lifts!!!  Day 105 96 runs in!!! Down to 4!!!!