YOU DON'T NEED WEALTH, POWER, OR INFLUENCE TO LIVE YOUR DREAMS, JUST TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

Monday, March 30, 2015

3/28/15 - 3/29/15 Splitfest!

3/28/15

PJ Moran, Grady McCombs and I headed up the hill at about 2 PM. A really late start, but it was needed because PJ got rather tuned up last night. I filled him in on the foggy details and reminded him to buck up because tonight is going to be a huge party at Chair 9 for Splitfest. Splitfest happens every year, and lets us check out all the new splitboards and other backcountry products. The best part is the raffle. I hear they are giving out 8 boards this year!!! Wish I could but a raffle ticket!!!

Nobody was at the hill. PJ talked me into skinning up Mt Herman. It took some convincing because of all the rocks we could see. I have 1 splitboard, PJ has like 50 pairs of skis.. I stopped whining and we made our way up the mountain. The top was super foggy and we waited for a suckerhole so we could see better. The ride down was 2000 ft of sweetness and as promised we didn't touch a rock!!

We made it down with just enough time to shower and pound a few beers before we headed to the raffle! Day 96 BC run #66

3/29/15

Last Sunday was the start of an awesome week of riding!!! Today I tried to relive it, so we can get some more snow this week. Woke up less hungover than last week, took Grady's bike home, walked back and rallied the troops at PJ's. We were haggard, and it was raining at the hill. We skinned to the top of Pan Dome and dried out in the patrol shack. The snow was so slow on the way down!!! Gravity rollers to CYA was fun, but I was ready for a nap afterwards!!! Thanks to PJ for driving again!!! Day 97 BC run #67. Hope it keeps snowing!!